Town Office

PO Box 248, Mount Holly, VT 05758

(802) 259-2391

(802) 259-2635 Fax

Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed Fridays and holidays.

Town Office 2018 Holiday Schedule

The town office will be closed the following dates:

New Year’s Day   (Monday, January 1)

Martin Luther King Day   (Monday, January 15)

Lincoln’s Birthday   (Monday, February 12)

Washington’s Birthday   (Monday, February 19)

Memorial Day   (Monday, May 28)

Independence Day   (Wednesday, July 4)

Bennington Battle Day   (Thursday, August 16)

Labor Day   (Monday September 3)

Columbus Day   (Monday October 8)

Veteran’s Day   (Monday, November 12)

Thanksgiving & day after   (Thursday, November 22 & Friday, November 23)

Christmas   (Tuesday, December 25)

Mount Holly Town Clerk: Susan C. Covalla

Mount Holly Treasurer: David H. Johnson


The following services are available at the Mount Holly Town Office:

Birth and Death Certificates

All birth and death certificates for the Town of Mount Holly from October. 1, 1792, forward are located at the Mount Holly Town Office. Copies are $2.00 per page, and certified copies are $10.00 per page. Back to top.

Burn Permits

You must request a burn permit before burning outdoors. Call Fire Warden Jim Seward. Home phone: 259-2211 or pager 802.786.3408 and leave a phone number where Jim can call you back. Do not burn until you have spoken to him. Back to top.

Car Registration Renewals

You can renew your car registration with the Town Clerk if it is not more than two months old. There is an extra $3.00 fee for this service. Some motor vehicle forms are also available in the Town Office. Back to top.

Dog Licenses

Any dog or wolf hybrid 6 months old or older must be licensed. Licenses are good for one year and must be issued betwen January 1 and April 1. A dog license must be purchased within 30 days of moving to Mount Holly. A current rabies certificate is required. Back to top.

License Fees

Cost Before April 1 After April 1
Neutered Male or Female $11.00 $13.00
Unneutered Male or Female $15.00 $19.00

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

Resident and non-resident hunting and fishing licenses may be purchased at the Town Office. You must have lived in Vermont for six months to qualify for a permanent resident license. Back to top.

Land Records

The Town of Mount Holly was incorporated on October 31, 1792. All the land records of the Town of Mount Holly are kept here in the Town Office from that date forward. They are available to the public during the Town Clerk’s Office hours. Copies are $1.00 each page, and certified copies are $10.00 a page. Back to top.

Marriage Licenses and Civil Unions

If both bride and groom or partners are Vermont residents, you may go to the Town Clerk in either of your towns of residence. If just one of you resides in Mount Holly, you must buy the license in this town. If neither party is a Vermont resident, you may get the license from any Town Clerk in the state. The license costs $60.00 and is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued. During that time period, an authorized person must perform your wedding or civil union ceremony – otherwise, the license is void. Copies are $1.00 per page, and certified copies are $10.00 per page. Back to top.

Transfer Site Stickers

Transfer stickers are available at the Town Office for $2.00 each. They can be ordered through the mail. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope or add $0.50 extra for mailing. Recycling is mandatory and free. See the Transfer Station page for more information. Back to top.

Voter Registration

If you are a permanent resident of Mount Holly, you are eligible to register to vote in Mount Holly. Registration forms are available at the Town Office. Back to top.


Polls are open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you wish to vote by absentee ballot, you may do so by calling or writing the Town Clerk. Ballots are usually available 30 days before an election. Back to top.