Our mission is to enlighten our community with an understanding of our past to promote an objective vision of the future, and to provide displays and storage of our local historical artifacts.
Museum Chair: Dennis Devereux, 802.259.2460, [email protected]
Curator: Robin Eatmon, 802.259.2646, [email protected]
Visit our Blacksmith Museum site located in Belmont on Tarbellville Road around the corner from the Belmont General Store. This museum contains artifacts from Mount Holly’s past, including tools, farming implements, Edminster goods, school memorabilia, and the surrey.
Museum Hours: 2-4 on Saturdays and 2-4 on Sundays.
Programs of historical interest take place on the occasional Saturday.
For Upcoming Events, Program Schedules, and more visit the Museum’s Web site
The Perkins House
The Perkins House, located on the Belmont Green, was donated to the museum in November 2004 by Alice Bennett and Todd McCabe. The Perkins House contains the mammoth tusk, family history albums, quilts, art, C. W. information, a part of the Sears Kit Cottage, and much more.
Panoramic Photo and Mount Holly, History of a Vermont Town
To purchase a panoramic photograph of Belmont c 1900 for $20, or a copy of Carroll Tarbell’s Mount Holly, History of a Vermont Town for $50, contact Dennis Devereux or Robin Eatmon. Also available, Jim Holden’s Mt. Holly, It’s Early Days, in its third printing, now including old photos, for $10.